Attorney Joseph R. Baranko, Jr., is a member of the Slusser Law Firm team. He earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Temple University School of Law in 1983 and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Elizabethtown College in 1980.
Attorney Baranko has represented numerous clients in Workers’ Compensation, Bankruptcy, Social Security/Disability, Wills and Estates, Domestics/Criminal Law, Real Estate and General Corporate Law cases. He has served as a solicitor for many municipal clients including:
- Kline Township
- Banks Township
- McAdoo Regional Sewer Authority
- McAdoo Borough Council
- Kline Township Zoning Hearing Board
- Hazleton Planning Commission
- Carbon County Tax Claim Bureau (special assignment for bankruptcy cases)
- Kidder Township Planning Commission (co-solicitor)
- Butler Township Board of Supervisors (Luzerne County)
- Butler Township Planning Commission (Luzerne County)
He briefed and argued the Readinger v. W.C.A.B. case in 2004 regarding earning power assessments and labor market surveys.
Attorney Baranko is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Law Section, Schuylkill County Bar Association, Luzerne County Bar Association and Middle District Bankruptcy Court Bar Association.