John Lucas is a member of the Slusser Law Firm in Hazleton, Pennsylvania. Since entering private practice in 1988, he has concentrated on personal injury claims, complex real estate litigation, commercial disputes, insurance litigation discrimination claims and the defense of products liability and premise liability claims. He has represented clients in federal courts and state courts throughout Pennsylvania. John has represented insurance companies and self-insured corporations in products liability, premises liability and other commercial litigation disputes.
In addition, John represents individuals injured in automobile accidents, products liability claims, premises liability claims, employees injured due to sexual assault and discrimination, wrongful discharge and due to professional negligence claims.
Some representative matters that John has successfully handled include individuals seriously injured from:
- The premature discharge of a firearm;
- An individual who suffered an amputation by a machine;
- Individuals involved in automobile accidents, including wrongful death and survival cases;
- Individuals seriously injured at a local amusement park due to a malfunctioning ride;
- Individuals involved in construction accidents;
- Individuals injured due the failure to properly maintain commercial vehicles;
- Individuals injured in tracker trailer accidents;
- Individuals injured from tainted food;
- Individuals injured while visiting a business due to a dangerous condition;
- Individuals injured due to defective ATVs, automobiles; and
- Individuals injured in complex medical negligence cases including failure to timely diagnose and treat medical problems.
He has worked for insurance companies, mentoring young agents and teaching insurance. John knows how insurance companies settle claims and what it takes to reach a resolution.
John has given numerous lectures to various real estate professionals on topics including ways to avoid litigation. He has represented real estate agents and brokers throughout Pennsylvania in litigation and various administrative licensure proceedings.
He has been active in various bar association activities, volunteering his time for the KDKA, You and the Law Program and the Mini Course for Oliver High School. John has served as a volunteer Judge for the University of Pittsburgh, School of Law and University of Duquesne, School of Law Moot Court competitions.
John has served on the claims Committee for the January 1996 Port Authority Accident. He has been a member of the Big Brother/Big Sister Program. He has served as a Member of the Board of Directors for Community Organizations.
John received his undergraduate degree at the University of Scranton and his law degree at Duquesne University School of Law.